Feb 6, 2011

TV series


Target level: A2 (CEF)

Aim of the activity: gap filling listening + writing
Duration of the activity: 5-8 min to set the activity


  • Give sts the hand out (available here).
  • Allow one minute for them to read.
  • Play the audio (available here). (Play the audio twice, if necessary)
  • Sts have to listen and fill in the gaps.
  • Ask them What's your favourite TV series? - if they don't like any series, ask them about movies.
  • Ask them Why do you like it? What's it about?
  • Ask sts to describe the plot of the series, or one of the plots, in a composition and follow the hand out as a model.
Extra ideas:

I recorded the video myself and, yes, Moonlighting is my favourite TV series. If you want to create your own text and audio, you can write the text in a word-processor and record it with your computer and a microphone. I used the Free Sound Recorder, which is very simple. One extra thing: don't worry if it doesn't come out very well in the first try. I recorded it tree times before I considered it OK (and it isn't perfect, but my sts liked it a lot).

No comments:

Post a Comment